Production BOM In Dynamics NAV
- BOM is a document to describes the components used to manufacture a product.
- BOM in Navision can contains multiple levels. The maximum level in Navision is 50
- BOM can only be defined after all components (items) have been created in Navision.
- New – Automatically set when you create a new BOM. Content in the BOM can be edited.
- Certified – After you have confirm with the content of the BOM, you have to change the status to Certified. Only certified BOM can be used in Production Planning. Content in certified BOM cannot be changed. Usually, a new version of BOM will be created if changes are needed on the components.
- Under Development – If you want to change the content of a certified BOM, you must change the status of the BOM to Under Development. After the changes have been done, change the status back to Certified.
- Closed – The BOM no longer in use.
- Go to MANUFACTURING –> PRODUCT DESIGN –> PRODUCTION BOM
- Press F3 to create a new Production BOM.
- Enter a new BOM number in the Number field. It is recommended to use manual number in BOM number field so that you can choose a meaningful and easy to remember BOM number.
- Fill in the Description field.
- Select a Unit of Measure.
- Click on Function –> Copy BOM.
- Choose the Production that you want to copy from and then click on the OK button. This will copy all the component lines to the new Production BOM.
- Change the component lines to suit your new new Production BOM.
- After you have finalized on the Production BOM, change the Status field in the header to