Table of Contents
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 version available to all now. You can download this directly from Microsoft Dynamics partner portal.
During this release several new features also added to the application in addition to the earlier ones.
New Features of Dynamics NAV 2017 as follows
There are several changes made for Front end users. Some of them are as follows
New Features for Front End Users
Item Inventory : New Feature Dynamics NAV 2017
Do you know now we can increase or Decrease the Item Wise inventory directly from Item Card itself. This feature will surely helpful for the smaller companies not using any location level inventory and want to correct the inventory ASAP.
You can notice a change when you have clicked the Inventory lookup option. Once you clicked the inventory value will opened the above image like window where system will show you following details
- Current Inventory ( This will display actual inventory exists as per ledgers)
- New Inventory ( This is new option introduced with NAV 2017. Once you entered a new inventory value and press enter / OK then system will pass auto adjustment ledgers and adjust the inventory.)
if you entered the value like image then ledgers will passed like following image to adjust the inventory,
Above image with -150 Qty passed by system only.
Richer Incoming Documents
- Incoming Documents will show non processed one only
- OCR Support for different Lines
- Easily Correct OCR errors
Inventory Items with Item Attributes and Categorize items
- For better categorization items group and inventory handling
Smarter Sales and Purchase Documents
- Cancel posted Credit Memos
- Package Tracking No. and Shipping Agent Code on sales invoices
Chart Of Account with Account Categories
- Account categories and subcategories to group GL (General Ledger) accounts.
- Outstanding Payments and Outstanding Transaction visibility increased on pages and Reports.
- Project Manager field display added on Job and based upon that the default jobs will display. Also some functionality changes introduced
- Job Cost value added on Job cards and this will consider further process.
- Fixed Asset process improved.
Dynamics CRM integration Process Simplified
- Easy setups provided for Dynamics CRM integration.
Smart notifications give you advice and recommendations
- Notifications functionality improved a lot
Following extensions added by Microsoft.
- PayPal Payments Standard
- QuickBooks Data Migration
- Sales and Inventory Forecast
- Envestnet Yodlee Bank Feeds
- Now we can integrate the Office 365 with Dynamics NAV 2017. So Calendar, meeting etc. will automatically integrate.
US Financial Reports 4 new financial reports added on US version
- Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Retained Earnings Statement
New Features for Back End Users (Tech Developers)
- Multilanguage captions
- Support for additional object types
- Support for default or starting data for new tables
- Support for .NET Framework add-ins
- Support for web services
- Restore and backup data in extensions
- Updated Windows PowerShell cmdlet for publishing extensions
- Installing extensions
Web Services in multitenant deployments
- You can publish per-tenant web services in situations where a web service has not been published for all tenants of the service
Notifications in the UI
- Introduces a programmatic way to send non-intrusive notifications to the UI in the Dynamics NAV Web client
Setup data in the US version
- 2 RapidStart packages that will enable a fast implementation for a new company.
Application area tagging
- Offers developers, administrators, and users the ability to define differentiated user experiences according to application scope
Time series library
- The time series library is used by the Sales and Inventory Forecast extension.
For Downloading Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 click on the following link Download Dynamics NAV 2017 Online