Mobile Sales includes a Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) package to extract a subset of data from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV database and load it to the mobile staging database. Mobile devices can then synchronize with the mobile staging database to retrieve the latest data. For more information about Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services in Microsoft Dynamics Mobile – Server Components, see Implementing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Before running the SSIS package, which is provided with Mobile Sales, you must complete the following procedures, as described in this topic:
- Prepare to install the SSIS Package.
- Install the SSIS Package.
- Configure the SSIS Package.
To prepare to install the Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Package
- If the Microsoft Dynamics NAV database contains pictures that will be stored on the mobile staging database and replicated on mobile devices, you need to verify that picture files are not compressed in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. To verify or modify the compressed setting, complete the following steps:
- In Microsoft Dynamics NAV client, click Tools, and then click Object Designer.
- Click Tables, select the Item table, and then click Design.
- Select Picture and then click Properties from the toolbar (SHIFT+F4).
- Set the Compressed property to No.
- Verify the following:
- The mobile staging database requirements are met. For more information, see Mobile Staging Database and SQL Server Integration Services Prerequisites.
- The mobile staging database is created. For more information, see How to: Create the Mobile Staging Database, Database Objects, and the Mobile Staging Publication for Mobile Sales and Configuring the Mobile Staging Database and SQL Server Replication.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV database has been updated with the necessary tables. For more information, see Installing Microsoft Dynamics NAV Integration
For More Information visit:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc563940.aspx
Leave a Reply