Table of Contents
Do you know how to install multiple Dynamics NAV / Business Control updates (CU’s) on your system and run simultaneously without using any Virtual Machines?
- Understanding Concepts of Docker and Containers
- Installing Docker Software & Dynamics NAV / Business Central using Docker
What is Docker?
Docker is the vessel by which container images are packaged and delivered. This automated process produces images (effectively templates) which may then be run anywhere on premises, in the cloud, or on a personal machine as a container.
What are Containers
|Container Example in real life|
Benefits of Docker / Container
- From a developer’s desktop, to a testing machine, to a set of production machines, a Docker image can be created that will deploy identically across any environment in seconds.
- Can accommodate n number of product versions & CU’s (Only Dependency is availability of resource on local system).
- Low storage space required when we compared with Virtual Machines.