Create Routing Links In Navision
Routing links can be made to connect components to specific operations in order to retain their relationship even though the production BOM and/or routing are modified. It also facilitates more just-in-time flushing of components, namely when the specific linked operation starts – not when the entire order is released.
Another important benefit is that linked components and operations are displayed in a logical process structure when using the production journal for output and consumption posting.
Creation of a new routing link must be initiated from the routing:
To Create Routing Links
- Go to the routing that contains the operation(s) you wish to link.
- Make sure the routing is Under Development, and add the Routing Link Code field to your view (right-click and select Choose Column).
- On the relevant operation (routing line), look up from the Routing Link Code field and select a code.
- Proceed to add different routing link codes to other operations in the routing – if relevant.
Note: You should not use the same routing link code in different operations on a routing because you may wrongly link a component to two different operations and thereby consume it twice.
It is a good idea to name the routing link code after the operation in order to ensure operation-specific routing links.
- Certify the routing.
Routing link codes are now assigned to operations, and you must then create the actual links by assigning the same codes to specific components:
- Go to the production BOM which contains the component(s) you wish to link to the above operation(s).
- Make sure the production BOM is Under Development, and add the Routing Link Code field to your view (View, Show Columns).
- On the relevant component (production BOM line), look up from the Routing Link Code field and select the code assigned to the relevant operation (see above).
- Proceed to add routing link codes to other components according to the unique operations where they are used.
- Certify the production BOM.
Note: To enable the routing links on an existing production order, you must first refresh it.
The selected components will now be linked to the selected operations when you create and/or refresh a production order using the production BOM and routing in question. This is visible in the Prod. Order Components window under the production order, and here you can also remove and add the defined routing link codes at any time.
Leave a Reply