General Posting Groups In Dynamics NAV
There are 2 types of General Posting Groups:
- General Business Posting Group
- Who we sell to – CUSTOMERS
- Who we buy from – VENDORS
For Example: Import, Local, Interstate etc. like grouping occur here.
- General Product Posting Group
- What we sell – ITEMS and RESOURCES
- What we buy – ITEMS
For Example: RM(Raw Materials), FG(Finished Goods), CN(Consumables) , etc. like grouping.
General Business Posting Group
- Assign to Customers and Vendors.
- Use to break down sales by customers and purchases by vendoers.
- geographical area – domestic, export
- Type of business – retail, industrial, service, wholesale
- private / government
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT -> SETUP -> POSTING GROUPS -> GENERAL -> BUSINESS
- Fields in General Business Posting Groups
- Def. VAT Bus. Posting Group–> Default VAT Bus. Posting Group for transaction involving this General Bus. Posting Groups–> Auto updated to Vendor / Customer card if Auto Insert Default is set to true.
- Auto Insert Default
Product Posting Group
- Assign to items and resources
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT -> SETUP -> POSTING GROUPS -> GENERAL -> PRODUCT
- Breakdown sales by items and purchases by items
General Posting Setup
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT -> SETUP -> POSTING GROUPS -> GENERAL -> POSTING SETUP
- Matrix of General Business Posting Group and General Product Posting Group
Leave a Reply