Microsoft Dynamics NAV having 3 types of dimensions:
1) Dimension - Single: Single Account
2) Dimensions - Multiple: Multiple Account
3) Account Type Default Dimensions: All Account
Dimension - single
Dimension - Single is used in account card such as customer card. To access the Customer Dimension, click CUSTOMER(button) -> DIMENSIONS.
Fields in Default Dimensions window are:
- Dimension Code
- Dimension Value Code
- Value Posting
In the Value posting field you will see following options like Blank, Code Mandatory, Same Code, No Code.
*Blank - no restriction
*Code Mandatory - Navision will check that entry contains dimension value during posting but the dimension can accept any values
*Same Code - Navision will check to make sure that the entry will have the same dimension value in the Default dimension value during posting
*No Code - Navision will check that entry does not have dimension code during posting
Dimension - Multiple
- Besides assigning 1 default dimension to 1 customer card at a time, you can also assign the same default dimension to a group of customers at a time.
- You can achieve this by assigning the dimension values in a groups of customer at the Customer list
- At the customer list, highlight the group of customers that you want to assign default dimension value. Click on the CUSTOMER -> DIMENSIONS -> DIMENSIONS-MULTIPLE
- The above steps can also be applied to other account types such as vendor, items and G/L Account
Account Type Default Dimensions
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT -> SETUP -> DIMENSIONS -> DIMENSIONS to open Dimensions window
- Select the dimension code that you want to create default dimension value and then click on the DIMENSION -> ACCOUNT TYPE DEFAULT DIMENSION
- Select the appropriate table id in the Table ID field
- key in the Dimension Value Code and Value Posting.