Microsoft Dynamics NAV having mainly 2 types of Subcontracting Orders handling
- Subcontracting Order given to the out side company
In this type of Subcontracting we are giving partial or full material to Outside company and that company doing some work for us and finally sending the product to us. This is the most important type of Subcontracting. This procedure is as follows.
Create a Subcontracting Location from the Location Card
Create the Subcontractor as vendor as normal procedure. After that you have to attach the vendor to Subcontracting Location from the Tax information Tab in the Vendor card. Where you have to select subcontractor, Subcontracting Location that we created just now and Commisioners Permission details. For more information see the the picture.
c) Create Work Center
Manufacturing --> Capacities-> Work Centers.
In that press F3 to create a new work center and enter the information based upon your need only difference is that in the Posting Tab you have to select the Subcontractor No.
d) Create a BOM
Create Production BOM for the subcontractor from Manufacturing -> Production Design -> Production BOM. Where you specify the materials that given outside for jobwork/Subcontracting Work.e) Create a Routing
f) Create a Released Production Order
g) Run Subcontracting Work Sheet
h) Material Issue Or Sending Material to Subcontractor
i) Receiving Materials Or Receiving Material from Subcontractor
- Other company given Subcontracting to Us
The process is as follows
- Create a Vendor Card for Subcontractor
- Create Non-Stock Item as Materials Supplied by the Subcontractor.
- Inward the material using Purchase Order and Warehouse Receipt.
- Produce the product by normal procedure.
- In the sales order you have to specify one more extra line as G/L account consignment as -ve entry.
- Better you have to design a separate Report for consignment Sales Invoice.